Exploring contact as it relates to partnership with your horse.
1) Translate the confidence and communication built in groundwork into riding success and harmony
2) Explore the relationship of CONTACT (abstract principle) on the horses' mental & physical state for training purposes
3) Acquire some tools and exercises to improve body awareness and fluidity.
We will discuss how the skills and communication developed in groundwork carry over into riding. We will progress to a series of proprioceptive exercises and theory. We will practice 3-5 riding exercises about lightness to aids, purpose specific balance, self-carriage and straightness of horse and rider.
1) Past clinic participant or prior approval of Instructors
2) Rideable horse (preferably W-T-C)
3) Riders should have an open mind and give themselves and their horses permission to experiment, question, and sometimes make mistakes - which are a part of the learning process and an opportunity for improvement.
|No dates currently scheduled|
*Clinic dates may change due to conflicts or weather
- Cost is $75/clinic per rider
- Limited to 6 participants per clinic
- All breeds and disciplines welcome
Two Spruce Farm
Register by contacting Jody at (720) 201-4363
or at firstname.lastname@example.org
“Take every behavior the horse displays as valuable information, not as personal insult.” -True Colors, Equine Farm